Three
Month (4/14/2014)
Dear Cameron,
How am
I already getting behind on these updates?? You are almost four months old and
I am just now getting around to typing up your three month summary. I do keep detailed notes throughout the
month, but I just don’t seem to be able to sit down at the computer as much as
I used to in the past. As your schedule
evens out and you get older, I anticipate being able to have more consistent
computer time in the evenings as needed.
Daily Activities and
Playing
Your routine is the same as before (wake, eat, play, sleep). Wake time is extending so that you are awake 1.5 to 2 hours at each cycle. More awake time leads to more play time! I try to give you as much floor time as possible if you are awake while at home. When you are on your tummy you really love looking in the mirror at yourself. However, you only tolerate the tummy time for a short time before you complain and want to switch to your back. Your favorite thing to do is lay on your back, batting and grabbing at dangling toys. Your grip is getting quite strong. Luckily, your interest in toys allows for better car rides while you are awake. At 12 weeks you turned over from tummy to back, rolling from both the left and the right. There haven’t been a lot of repeat performances and you haven’t yet rolled from back to tummy. Overall you are a happy baby and still babble up a storm when you have face to face time with someone.
Your routine is the same as before (wake, eat, play, sleep). Wake time is extending so that you are awake 1.5 to 2 hours at each cycle. More awake time leads to more play time! I try to give you as much floor time as possible if you are awake while at home. When you are on your tummy you really love looking in the mirror at yourself. However, you only tolerate the tummy time for a short time before you complain and want to switch to your back. Your favorite thing to do is lay on your back, batting and grabbing at dangling toys. Your grip is getting quite strong. Luckily, your interest in toys allows for better car rides while you are awake. At 12 weeks you turned over from tummy to back, rolling from both the left and the right. There haven’t been a lot of repeat performances and you haven’t yet rolled from back to tummy. Overall you are a happy baby and still babble up a storm when you have face to face time with someone.
Sibling
It is such a joy to see the sibling relationship develop between you and your brother and sister! You light up when Ian or Ellen talks to you and you love to “talk” back. Sometimes I have to tell Ian to stop talking to you in the backseat of the car because it should be your nap time, but Ian has a hard time not talking to and smiling at you. Both of them constantly report on what you are doing and Ellen is especially proud of you when you are “working on your muscles” (tummy time). Ellen continues to be insistent on ensuring you have certain loveys – a Teddy Bear and a Bunny Blanket.
It is such a joy to see the sibling relationship develop between you and your brother and sister! You light up when Ian or Ellen talks to you and you love to “talk” back. Sometimes I have to tell Ian to stop talking to you in the backseat of the car because it should be your nap time, but Ian has a hard time not talking to and smiling at you. Both of them constantly report on what you are doing and Ellen is especially proud of you when you are “working on your muscles” (tummy time). Ellen continues to be insistent on ensuring you have certain loveys – a Teddy Bear and a Bunny Blanket.
Eating
I still nurse you on demand, but your feeding routine is very predictable. You have been tapering down from 5 to 4 feedings per day and consistently eat every 4 hours. You will occasionally wake late at night or very early in the morning to eat, but it isn’t a regular occurrence. You spit up a bit at every feeding. I am not concerned about any medical issues like reflux, but it does create quite a bit of extra laundry! We attempted bottle feeding when I went back to work at the end of March, but you were not interested at all. You nursed in the morning before I left and refused to eat from a bottle all day while home with Daddy. You napped and played as normal but just refused to eat until I got home! We plan to start intermittent bottle feeding again soon so that you could stay with someone else briefly as needed.
I still nurse you on demand, but your feeding routine is very predictable. You have been tapering down from 5 to 4 feedings per day and consistently eat every 4 hours. You will occasionally wake late at night or very early in the morning to eat, but it isn’t a regular occurrence. You spit up a bit at every feeding. I am not concerned about any medical issues like reflux, but it does create quite a bit of extra laundry! We attempted bottle feeding when I went back to work at the end of March, but you were not interested at all. You nursed in the morning before I left and refused to eat from a bottle all day while home with Daddy. You napped and played as normal but just refused to eat until I got home! We plan to start intermittent bottle feeding again soon so that you could stay with someone else briefly as needed.
Sleeping
Your night time sleep has been getting longer and longer. I had very little success with a “dream feed” but since you started sleeping through the night all of a sudden at 10.5 weeks, I didn’t have a need to continue it. Once you started sleeping through the night you would sleep in 7-9 hour stretches each night and by 3 months you had extended to 9-10 hour sleep stretches. You would go to sleep around 6 or 7 p.m. and wake at 5 or 6 a.m. Napping often occurs on the road due to errands or the schedule of older siblings. While at home you have been sleeping in the swing/bouncer. You sleep fine in your crib at night but tend to wake up mid nap in daytime if you aren’t in the swing. I am still swaddling you at almost every nap time and each evening and that seems to help you settle down to sleep very quickly.
Your night time sleep has been getting longer and longer. I had very little success with a “dream feed” but since you started sleeping through the night all of a sudden at 10.5 weeks, I didn’t have a need to continue it. Once you started sleeping through the night you would sleep in 7-9 hour stretches each night and by 3 months you had extended to 9-10 hour sleep stretches. You would go to sleep around 6 or 7 p.m. and wake at 5 or 6 a.m. Napping often occurs on the road due to errands or the schedule of older siblings. While at home you have been sleeping in the swing/bouncer. You sleep fine in your crib at night but tend to wake up mid nap in daytime if you aren’t in the swing. I am still swaddling you at almost every nap time and each evening and that seems to help you settle down to sleep very quickly.
Special Events
We went on a family camping trip to Tyler State Park the first weekend in April. It was colder than I had anticipated and rained significantly on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I wore you in the Ergo carrier almost the whole weekend and you slept almost the whole time. Overall we had a great time! The most challenging part was trying to nurse you in the dark tent. During our next adventure in June, I plan to have a better lighting set up in case you wake up before sunrise.
We went on a family camping trip to Tyler State Park the first weekend in April. It was colder than I had anticipated and rained significantly on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I wore you in the Ergo carrier almost the whole weekend and you slept almost the whole time. Overall we had a great time! The most challenging part was trying to nurse you in the dark tent. During our next adventure in June, I plan to have a better lighting set up in case you wake up before sunrise.
![]() |
| Cameron @ 10 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 10 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 11 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 11 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 11 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 11 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 12 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 12 weeks {Thppppth} |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 12 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 12 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 12 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 13 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 13 weeks {Hiya!} |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 13 weeks |
![]() |
| Cameron @ 13 weeks {Are you done taking pictures yet?} |















No comments:
Post a Comment