Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Things Ian Says - Age 3 to 4

Ian just turned FOUR (a few months ago - this has apparently been sitting in my draft folder for a full 2 months, probably waiting for me to add photos).  I have a full-fledged pre-schooler on my hands and it is a little mind blowing.  I love watching his little brain develop and change.  Over the past year, I started keeping a record of the funny things Ian says.  He was almost 3.5 by the time I started recording these quotes and I am sure I missed some good ones.  Here are my favorites:

While talking about his runny nose:  "My nose is stuffly." (2/10/2013)

While on a drive in the car, out of nowhere:  "If I didn't have a nose, I wouldn't have to sneezes!"  (2/10/2013)

Trying to get Ian to retell a story to my mom.  The prompt was, "Tell me about the cooler."
Response:  "It is an old cooler.  Smack made it old.  Smack is kind of like a tiger."  (2/18/2013)

While out and about running errands:  "There's a Starbucks.  There are Starbucks EVERYWHERE!" (4/4/2013)

While wearing a baseball helmet:  "I have this so deer don't bite me.  And to protect me from coyotes.  I also have this [flashlight] so I can see what is coming."  (5/11/2013)

While helping his sister pick out gardening gloves:  "Ellen, which gloves would you like - stripes or dots?"  ("Stripes")  "Oh, I'm sorry Ellen... the striped ones are not available!  Is that disappointing?"  (6/10/2013)

While crossing the lake on our way to school:  "You could get in a canoe or ship and go to college!  Everyone should go to college."  (6/13/2013)

Ian asked for more marshmallow after dinner one day and we said no (sorry buddy, just one!). Then he clarified - "No, not more. I asked for a S'MORE!" A classic misunderstanding. (7/6/2013)

While on vacation: “Is this the lunch site?” (8/2013)

The day after my cousin’s wedding was over, we were leaving the hotel we had stayed in for several days:  “Is anyone staying at the hotel? (he paused and didn't get an answer.  Oh, everyone is leaving the hotel, in this case.”

Right before a hike: “Daddy said a very amazing thing to me.  He told me that we will see a very very old tree and it has been growing for a long long time!”

On a hike, referencing tree roots: “Look!  The trees gave us tree steps!  <looks up> Thank you trees!”

On a hike, he told us that he needed to go potty and so we directed him to a discrete spot on the side of the trail.  He got ready, waited a bit and said:  “I thought I needed to go potty, but my brain told me that I needed to wait until we found a real potty.”

After swimming at the pool:  “Daddy said if I fell into the deep end he would jump in and save me.  But… he would not care to.”  <This was not a parrot of what Brandon said.  The “not care to” part was *ALL* Ian.>

Randomly: “When I grow up, I will be an Aggie.  Or a robot.”

Beep bop boop bop, I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment