Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goals for 2012

For some unknown reason, I have not historically made New Year’s Resolutions or concrete goals for the upcoming year.  As a result, I haphazardly start (and complete) projects.  Functioning in this way is both frustrating and unsatisfying, and I want 2012 to be different.  Life with a small child moves much too quickly for my taste, and I decided that I wanted to make the most of my free time in the upcoming year, whether before work, after work, during lunch, or on the weekends.  Although there are general things I would like to work on this year (have more patience, eat healthier, etc), I decided that my main list of goals would be measurable, or at least traceable, so that I could evaluate my progress periodically in a concrete way (hello, inner planner/engineer).  I also wanted to make them ambitious enough to challenge me while keeping them attainable (and thus keeping myself sane).  Ideally, I would like to go into 2013 maintaining a similar structure while upping the quantity and/or quality of projects and activities.

Personal Goals:
1)      Photography
a.       Complete (at least) 2 photography projects – wall gallery and photo book
b.      Sort through, edit, and print photos for 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011
2)      Sewing
a.       Complete (at least) 2 sewing projects from my new book (1-2-3 Sew)
b.      Design and sew a nap mat for Ellen
3)      Physical Fitness
a.       Run 2-3 times per week
b.      Yoga once per week
4)      Blogging
a.       One post per week
b.      Organized/Scheduled Posts
1.       Feature goal updates once per month
2.       Feature Ian once per month
3.       Feature Ellen once per month
4.       Feature a rotation of photography progress, sewing progress, and cooking/recipes
5)      Reading
a.       Read 12 books this year (not counting The Hunger Games from the beginning of the year)
b.      Read the Bible daily

Team Dierschke Goals:
1)      Clean the house regularly
a.       Bathrooms once per week
b.      Dust ¼ to ½ of house once per week, rotating which portions are dusted
c.       Vacuum ½ or whole house once per week
2)      Have one date night per month
3)      Spend time with another family/couple once per month

Since I will be posting more regularly, and specifically about my progress on goals and various projects, I would appreciate it if you, my 2 to 3 readers, would keep me accountable and encouraged!  Happy New Year!  I hope that you are starting your new year rejuvenated and ready to tackle things that are new, challenging, and hopefully fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment